Monday, April 26, 2010

The Beginnings of a Nursery

After weeks of scouring the internet and visiting stores, we have FINALLY decided on a crib. Deciding on a crib has been an ordeal at our house. I wanted the super nice $400 crib for our baby boy. Lonnie, on the other hand, wanted the cheapest thing he could find. Maybe not the cheapest, but pretty darn close. I think he forgot how much furniture really costs...correction: good, quality furniture that is. So, we visited Babies R Us the other day and we were THAT couple. You know the couple that I'm referring to. The couple where the wife is pouting because she's not getting her way and the husband who is trying to unsuccessfully talk his pregnant wife into buying something she would NEVER put in her house. I was fine and dandy and willing to negotiate until.....he picked out this horrible changing table. This changing table was awful. It was one of those pieces of furniture that looked like it would fall over if I breathed too hard around it. I'm hard to reason with when I have my sights set on something normally...mix that with raging hormones and what do you get? A very unsuccessful trip to Babies R Us.





After a few days, we sat down to discuss a budget for the nursery. After all, we are adults and need to be on the same page about this kind of stuff. We came to an agreement on our budget and I found crib that met my specifications: must be espresso colored, must be convertible, and must be super cute. I just ordered it and it should be here next week. Who says a pregnant woman can't be reasoned with? Eventually, anyway.





So, here it is.....

Stay tuned for nursery pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment