Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Reasons I think we’re having a boy…

Now, the appropriate response when someone asks you whether or not you think you're having a boy or girl is "I hope its healthy and I don't care either way." Well, I've never been one to follow the rules of appropriateness. I want a boy. Just because I want a boy first doesn't make me a bad person. So, if you think I'm a bad person for saying that, get over it. Don't judge. I've gotten some slack for instantly blurting out that I want a boy when asked this very question. Of course I want a healthy baby...that's a given. No one ever wishes they want an unhealthy baby. I wouldn't ever choose a particular sex over a health, but I still want a boy. I can see the picture of our family....taking our little boy to football practice and going to his games or even playing a friendly game of horse at the basketball goal. Now, don't get me wrong. I'll be thrilled with a girl....there are plenty of cute dresses out there that I would love to put on my little girl along with many other reasons I would love a girl. But, I just have this feeling its a boy. Here are just a few reasons I think we're having a boy:


  1. I have found the most adorable girl nursery stuff. Its a little more cutesy that I originally planned on, but I have yet to find something suitable for a boy. Not even close.
  2. The wedding ring test told me so.
  3. We have the girl's name ironed out. But we cannot agree on a boy's name. I like one name and my husband doesn't. I have also vetoed every single name that he likes. EVERY single one of them. Not one of them is remotely close to what I want to call our son, except the one I have chosen. I'm determined to win this battle :)
  4. I had a dream that I had a boy and that my best friend Dana had a girl (she's also preggo). Conveniant, I know.
  5. Did I mention I just want a boy?
  6. I was a wild child. And I'm a girl. Therefore, I don't want history to repeat itself with me being on the other end of things. Maybe wild is too strong...but still, girls grow up to be crazy women. I know, I'm one of them so I can say that.

PS. Isn't this just adorable? Uh oh, I think I'm already becoming my mother. I just said adorable. Oh wait, she'd say it was darling. So, I'll stick with my original word of adorable to describe this.

And, so because everything boyish seems to elude us right now, I think we're having a boy. Hopefully, the little one will let us get a sneak peak on March 26th. Stay tuned. The good news is, if it is a girl, we're all set with the name and the nursery!

What do you think? Girl or boy?

3 comments:

  1. I hate to say it...I really do (I seriously have a tear in my eye...could be from exhaustion)...but I think you're having a girl, and I'm having a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is one of the reasons I love you - you are you no matter what anyone thinks - I love it!

    I vote boy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl...sorry! And Dana is having the boy. But you guys can switch babies!

    ReplyDelete