Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gavin's 1/2 Birthday

Happy 6 months to my cute little boy! These past 6 months have flown by. I couldn't have asked for a better baby. I spend every waking moment that I can snuggling, kissing, and playing with this little one. Here are just a few things that make my heart melt right now....
  • When he's sleepy, he rubs his eyes and I think it might just be the cutest thing.....EVER.
  • He smiles when he sees me.
  • He'll sleep a gazillion hours at a time if he's cuddled up next to me.
  • He holds my finger when he's going to sleep.

Yes, he's a total mama's boy.

What is he eating?


He's still getting breastmilk with a little bit of formula (sometimes 1-2 bottles a day). He's also been introduced to all Stage 1 foods. He loves the orange vegetables. He tolerates the green veggies. I make some of his baby food but not all of it. I've just started introducing Stage 2 foods. He usually gets about 2 oz of cereal/oatmeal in the morning with a little bit of fruit. For lunch, he usually gets 1/2 jar of veggies and 1/2 jar of fruits, and then he gets 1 oz of cereal/oatmeal, 1 oz of veggie and 1 oz of fruit for dinner.


What's he doing?


He's sitting really well now. He still topples over after a while, but we can sit him down and he'll stay for a while. He still loves his jumperoo - man, can he get that thing rockin'! He still hates tummy time, but I torture him at least once daily. He's usually good for about 5-10 minutes, but once all of his toys are out of his reach, he starts squealing. I've tried to let him just cry for a few minutes and see if he gets frustrated enough to roll to get something but it doesn't work. In the meantime, I'm ok with him staying in the same spot. He's also a babbling fool now! He's really picked up his babbling this past week. He has full conversations with his toys. Lonnie also swears he likes watching Carolina basketball. It doesn't hurt to keep letting him believe that :)

We took pictures outside this past weekend, so I'll have more pictures to post later this week!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Cute Picture! Love it! I want ti kiss those chubby cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog. Our little guys were born the same day. And Mason has the same outfit. Gavin is a total cutie!!! I see ya'll like UNC.. do you live in NC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lynsey! Yes, we live in NC just outside of Raleigh. Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete