Thursday, May 27, 2010

Doctor Appointment

I went to the doctor today for my glucose screening test/regular appointment. Glucose screening = drinking a super sweet drink + getting blood drawn. I wouldn't say I have a fear of needles, I just don't care for them very much. Kind of like meetings on Friday afternoons. I'm not opposed, but I'd rather skip them and go home early.

Anyway, the doctor's appointment went good. I have gained 19 lbs so far (I guess the days where I couldn't gain any weight are long gone). Baby's heart beat was nice and strong. And, I was pretty much told that I'm SOL when it comes to this pain I've been having in my ribs. It's not the baby, but rather my liver, spleen and gallbladder. I kind of wished it was my baby in my ribs. Then, I could poke him until he got fed up and moved. Oh well.

I go back in three weeks for my next regular appointment and then I switch to bi-weekly appointments. O.M.G. Where has time gone? People don't start going to the doctor every two weeks until they are close to having the baby!! I feel way underprepared at this point ::sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment