Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Subtle Reminder

I came home from work today to an empty house. Lonnie wasn't home yet from work and the house was so quiet. I sat down at the kitchen counter to relax for a minute. I started thinking about the long list of things I need to do and was trying to figure out how I was going to accomplish so much in a short amount of time. And then the baby started kicking. This simple act brought a smile to my face and made me forget about my long list of things to do. I think that was just a subtle reminder that he was there and was going to be coming soon. And, when he arrives, the house won't be as quiet. And, that I shouldn't worry about everything I haven't done. And, I should live for the little moments. This little one isn't even here yet but has already starting teaching me about what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment